Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Horizons

Well it has been quite a while since my last post.

My sister Abbigail inspired me to continue my spot.

The last few months have been one of healing not just my body but also

my mind. The process of renewal and regeneration has felt some growing pains.

Thinking back over my life the decisions I made and then the ones that

I did not make. I was reading a poem that my best friend cut out of the news paper

called I believe..

I believe -

that no matter how good a friend is , they're going to hurt you every

once in a while and you must forgive them for that



I believe -

that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.



I believe -

that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.



I believe -

that you can keep going long after you think you can.



I believe -

that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.



I believe -

that either you control your attitude or it controls you.



I believe -

that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the

best time.



I believe -

that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world does not

stop for your grief.



I believe -

that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are

responsible for who we become.



I believe -

that your life can be changed in matter of hours by people who

don't even know you.



I believe -

that when you take a chance on someone you will always find a surprise.



I think about this and take some time to reflect...

As Emerson put it

"What lies before us and behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."



I don't think I had enough strength within my self of withstand all the disappointments however

I was surprised with the help of the creator I am a better person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome quote; continue to share your wisdom with us.

Love Ya
Abby